Grants for action: Black Lives Matter in football
The Fare network is making available grants of €1000 each for activities related to the Black Lives Matter movement.
We believe that racial injustice is a long and historical problem and deeply affects many countries and many sectors, including football. The pledges to action that have been prompted by the global outcry over the killing of George Floyd (and many others) are too important to be allowed to dissipate, we all have a responsibility to act and build a future in which everyone is equal.
The Fare network is developing a series of resources and interventions designed to support and lobby football organisations. These will be available shortly.
We know the power of grassroots action and the way that it can set agendas, reach communities and create change. We want to encourage action and focus from below. If you have an idea for an impactful activity this is a unique opportunity to get some small funding and make the idea a reality.
The Black Lives Matter grants are for organisations (and groups of individuals) who have an idea to explore the themes of #BlackLivesMatter through football.
We are open to your ideas, and are looking for action that explores themes of solidarity, education or diverse leadership.
The process of application is simple, find it here. We are here to help you, to talk over your idea, application or anything else connected with the fund contact our colleague Niels van Muijden through email@example.com.
Some ideas you may want to consider:
- Community sporting events in solidarity and for equality
- Events that develop agendas for change and have a plan to implement them
- Educational and learning sessions for young people or students
- Record a podcast, youtube video or develop a photo exhibition about BLM in sport
- Online: Set up a platform or website on the issues
- Celebrate the history of black athletes and those from other minority groups in your country
- Develop a policy or new practices for sports bodies in your region or country
- Intersectional activities, for example between the LGBTIQ community and black (and other ethnic minority) groups
- Women: Explore the role of black (and other ethnic minority) women within sport
- Conduct research for example into representation and diversity in coaching or administrative leadership in sport in your country
Deadlines: The fund is open for applications for 3 weeks - from Tuesday 30th June to Sunday 19th July. We will inform you about the outcome within 3 weeks after the deadline.
Click here to fill in the application form.
Latest News Articles
MEMBERSHIP FOR 2023 - 2026 IS OPEN
Fare statement regarding Syzman Marciniak
Football v Homophobia Month of Action 2022
For the 2022 Football v Homophobia Month of Action, Fare are proud to announce a number of new initiatives we will deliver with FvH in the coming…
International Women’s Day 2022: #BreakTheBias in Football
This International Womens Day Fare is celebrating women creating change in and through football
Equality & Inclusion in Football Conference 2023
Join us in Lisbon, 15 and 16 June 2023
Russian Football Union sanctions player for reacting to racist abuse
A player of the Russian Premier League side FC Rostov was sanctioned by the Russian football authorities after he responded to racist abuse aimed…