The small grants scheme offers financial support of up to €500 to groups to advance their work, at local and regional level, in empowering communities, promoting personal development and tackling discrimination in football during the Football People weeks, between 05-19 October.
Organisations can apply for a grant until 10 September.
Funding for larger events is also available during the weeks. The Event grants are aimed at funding larger scale initiatives that take place at a national level. Organisations interested must send their applications by 3 September.
Some examples of how groups used the Football People small grants in the past include:
- Film screenings and film festival on issues including female empowerment, LGTB rights and participation in sport, racism and immigration
- Football tournaments for ethnic minority groups, refugees and asylum seekers
- Conferences, panel discussions and roundtables on anti-discrimination and social inclusion through and in sport
- Match days dedicated to the Football People weeks
- Social media campaigns, podcasts and videos
- Fan tifos and stadium choreographies
- Football theatre plays